Bishop Lynch High School celebrated the commitments of nine student-athletes Wednesday morning during a National Signing Day ceremony in the Competition Gym.
These students inked letters of intent to continue their academic and athletic careers on the collegiate level in front of coaches, family and friends.
The nine signees included six boys and three girls representing a total of seven different sports, including Women's Soccer, Track & Field, Crew, Volleyball, Football, Baseball, and Men's Lacrosse.
The colleges they will attend include two in the state of Texas, and one as far north as Massachusetts. Others will head to schools in Tennessee, Arkansas, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
Here is the complete list of signees, including their sport and college:
• Cati Cabra – Rhodes College, Women's Soccer
• Carson Garrett – Southern Methodist University, Football
• Katie Hammonds – United States Naval Academy, Crew
• Zion Hawkins – Amherst College, Football
• Aaron Hunter – Austin College, Football and Baseball
• Lucy McGarry – Susquehanna University, Volleyball
• William Parsons – Hendrix College, Football and Lacrosse
• Cole Rappaport – Southern Arkansas University, Track & Field
• Elijah Sisk – Austin College, Football
During the 2018-2019 school year, Bishop Lynch has had 20* student-athletes sign letters of intent, with more expected at the next signing event in April. Here is the breakdown by sport so far:
• Football – 9
• Women's Soccer – 4
• Volleyball – 3
• Baseball – 2
• Women's Basketball – 1
• Men's Lacrosse – 1
• Crew – 1
• TOTAL – 20*
*two student-athletes will be competing in multiple sports