As part of the Senior Retreat, we are asking each parent to write a love letter to your son or daughter, to be read at some point during the retreat weekend. The letter is confidential. NO ONE BUT YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER WILL READ THE LETTER!
The letter is nothing more than an expression of your sentiments, i.e. the love you have for your child.
By way of guidelines, the letter should include:
- The feelings you have for your child
- How important your son/daughter is to you
- How proud you are of your son/daughter
The letter should NOT contain:
- Personal struggles you, the parent may be experiencing
- Personal information about yourself never before revealed
- Personal information about family members never before revealed (i.e. "Grandma is seriously ill.")
- Any irreplaceable items or pictures (in case of loss)
Our experience has shown us that students tend to get upset while reading letters that relate new, never-before-revealed information. This tends to detract from the student's retreat experience.
Other family members, grandparents, and siblings may also write letters.
Although there is a strong likelihood that your son or daughter already knows about the letters, PLEASE KEEP CONFIDENTIAL the fact that you are writing them.
Please send or deliver your letters by September 11, 2015 to Kristie Wainwright, email@example.com at Bishop Lynch High School.